Friday 11 June 2010

I Have a Plan

I have an idea that I am really excited about.  I cannot divulge exactly what it is, suffice to say it will be thrilling to do and well worth the effort needed to make it successful.  I am however allowing myself to say that it has to do with writing. 

I have been writing my autobiography for some time now and need to knuckle down more and focus on completing it.  I never realised how difficult and emotionally draining it would be but am determined one day to be satisfied that it is complete and as perfect as it is possible to be.  I want to make sure all the pieces of my life puzzle are in place and the overall picture is as true to life as it should be. 

Creatively I have hit the proverbial wall recently and have struggled in most areas of my creativity.  Although it can indeed be cathartic, by its nature and because of my own expectations, it has to be as good and fresh as it can be, using the best words, choosing the best colours, producing the best I can achieve.

  With art, the paint needs to flow, the sketching needs to create the image I have in my mind; the photograph as stunning, or even stronger than the original vision.  With writing, the words also need to flow, to make sense and be as coherently correct in their meaning and comprehension.  It`s a hard task that can be undertaken and developed into something special if attempted and executed at the right time. 
My best work has always been achieved when I feel unchallenged by lack of ideas, be it songwriting, writing, poetry or producing artwork.  Struggling for the next part,  next word or next line,  hinders my creativity, stemming my natural flow.  It`s almost as if my mindset says if it doesn`t come naturally it wont feel right, so dont do it.  Strange how our unconscious thoughts govern and determine our emotions and self assurance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.