Friday 11 September 2009

Road to Recovery

Why is it everytime you think you have got a grip on things.........?
My road to recovery is painfully slow. I sometimes think my soul is incapable of being restored or even repaired. Will I ever look in the mirror and like what I see!? I did once - a long time ago.
Will I ever forgive myself for my inadequacies?
There was a time when I thought I was doing ok.After suffering several setbacks, I was able to rise from my ashes like a phoenix - able, in time, to continue on the journey of life destiny had carved out for me. Able to rebuild a strength capable of obliterating in my mind what had gone before. My bruised heart continuing to beat in tune with my emotions....to grow stronger with each passing day I enjoyed with my children.
I hear my body-clock ticking louder and louder - reminding me that I have less and less time to find true happiness. If happiness really comes from within, surely I dont stand a chance in hell. My soul has been stamped on so many times it is now embedded in the sole of his foot as he trounces around without a care in the world.
It`s not that I have lost the "will to live" - it`s that I have "lost the will to be happy". I hope this journey of recovery ends before I have no energy left to enjoy the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.