Saturday 12 September 2009

Letting Go


It was a struggle for me today. I found myself asking myself many questions and desperately wanting to be honest with myself. Part of me wanted to go along with the easy option of allowing myself to believe I wasn`t the cause of the problem, that there really wasn`t a problem, that I was just hormonal. Sometimes it is easier to go along the path of hopefulness and optimism, never really acknowledging the true damaging core of the latest psychological discord. However, the ache in the pit of my stomach today dictated otherwise and forced me to seek solace in any way I could.

I found it in the words of my eldest daughter who assured me that I wasn`t being neurotic, that it was perfectly natural and ok for me to feel as I did. Although to a certain extent she sat on the fence, I felt that her heart was tuned into mine. Her words were well-chosen and well-meaning. She emotionally and tenderly massaged my bruised heart - listened and unscrambled my confused ramblings - and ultimately made me realise what a perfect daughter she really is.


Thank you my beautiful daughter Joanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.