Friday 13 August 2010

The Rising of The Sun

Again in bed
almost asleep;
thoughts surfaced demanding my attention,
refusing to return to the dark corners of my mind
where I have sent them
many moons ago.

Nightly silence  magnifies these thoughts
and troubled memories,
bringing them to the fore
like a raging river
splashing and crashing heavily into rocks.

Images  forgotten
now projected in technocolour
inside my mind;
as clear as the brightest day
yet confused and jumbled.

Words spoken
repeated over and over again
in time with the beating of my heart
as each memory
increases in speed and ferocity.

Awake in the darkness
nothing to hear
 but the constant replays inside my head;
replays that disappear
with the rising of the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really relate to this.. the voices and doubts get louder and stronger and then the anger boils.
    Waiting for morning and peace again is torture. But to speak of these thoughts out loud, to others, in daylight somehow seems wrong and attention seeking.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.